1. "Personal Data" is any data that identifies you. We will deal with your Personal Data in compliance with the current UK data protection legislation. Please note this applies only to DEAN'S IT not to other companies' or organisations' websites to which we link.
2. Personal Data may be collected, processed and used by DEAN'S IT in the course of providing the DEAN'S IT Service to you and the other purposes mentioned below. Personal Data may also be processed and used by such other organisations on our behalf for the purpose of providing the DEAN'S IT service to you. The use of information will remain under the control of DEAN'S IT (or to of other companies within the DEAN'S IT group of companies of which DEAN'S IT is part and to whom we may pass your Personal Data) at all times.
3. Only if you have given us permission will we send mail, email and text messages to you about new products and services which we consider may be of interest to you.
4. We may collect Personal Data about your
usage of the DEAN'S IT Service in order to provide a
service to meet your needs, and to let you know
about products and services that may be of interest
to you by means other than email and text messages.
However, the data will only be disclosed on an
anonymous and aggregated basis not in a way in which
you will be identified.
5. We may hold Personal Data relating to the transactions you enter into with us or others through the DEAN'S IT service such as an online seller. We will disclose Personal Data to a party to the transaction, but only to assist your transaction.
6. You agree that for the purposes of providing the DEAN'S IT service to you it may be necessary for your Personal Data to be passed by us or other organisations involved in providing the DEAN'S IT service to companies outside the European Union.
7. If you have any questions about the
handling or protection of your Personal Data or your
rights under this privacy statement please email us on:
8. DEAN'S IT may disclose your Personal Data acting in good faith if it believes such action is necessary to conform with a legal requirement or comply with the legal process, protect and defend the rights or property of DEAN'S IT, enforce this Online Agreement, act to protect the interests of its registered users or others.
9.1 The DEAN'S IT service may make use of "cookies". A cookie is a small text file which is placed on your hard disk. Cookies contain information about you and your chosen preferences. For example, it might contain a record of which pages within the DEAN'S IT website you visited, to help us customise the website for you the next time you visit.
9.2 Only the information that you provide, or the choices you make, while visiting the DEAN'S IT website can be stored in a cookie. For example, the DEAN'S IT website cannot determine your email address unless you choose to type it. Allowing DEAN'S IT to create a cookie does not give DEAN'S IT access to the rest of your computer and only DEAN'S IT can read it.
9.3 DEAN'S IT will only use the cookies created to enhance your experience. What this means is that when you use the site DEAN'S IT will be able to keep certain settings for you for when you return. It also means that you do not need to choose options such as your TV or weather region every time you visit the site as we store them for you during the time you spend browsing our site.
10 Google Analytics
10.1 This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google").
10.3 The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
10.4 Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
10.5 Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf.
10.6 Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
10.8 By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.